New York Dog Walking
Many new york dog walking agencies are becoming popular these days, as they offer unique techniques and methods in training your dogs on how to be disciplined and obedient when walking with you on the road. You may have heard stories or rather noticed people who walk their dogs on a daily basis facing issues where the dog is being undisciplined, running ahead, misbehaving or barking at passerby’s etc.
Because of the growing popularity of such schools, you are bound to come across various new york dog walking agencies in and around your locality. Moreover, if you love dogs and know how to train them to be obedient when they are walking, then you too can start your very own new york dog walking agency. Following are some tips that will help you set-up this viable business venture.
Tips On How To Start A New York Dog Walking Agency
1. Plan: You need to decide or select an area that will be apt for starting your business. For beginners select localities where there are many dogs that require to be taken out on a daily basis. You need to understand there is no routine when walking dogs, as you may even get last minute clients asking you to walk their dogs at so-so time. You need to also decide, whether you are planning to work full time or part time in this business.
2. Service charges: Pricing is a major concern for many dog walking start-ups. The best way to charge your customer is on hourly basis. You can charge them anywhere between $10 and $25. You can even charge them based on the number of visits you make to their home.
3. Know the basics of walking a dog: Walking a dog is not easy and walking more than one is all the more difficult. You need to give individual attention to all dogs; you need to also be armed with basic knowledge on how to take care of their health, if they ever fall sick. Also chalk out walking appropriate routes for the dogs.
4. Registering your agency: If you have decided on starting your new york dog walking agency, then make you get it registered and licensed with the local county to make it look legal. Find a business name that is apt for your agency and get it registered.
5. Invest in equipments: This business will require you to be equipped with all the essential dog-related equipments, such as dog foods, leashes, water, cage, grooming or training items (if they are part of the services you provide).
6. Market and advertise your services: No business can survive without marketing and advertising their products and services to . Likewise, you too need to advertise your new york dog walking services to people who are willing to invest in them for the benefit of their pet dogs. You can advertise by word of mouth, flyers or wear your business shirts to publicly display or advertise your business.
With these tips in hand, you can easily set up your new york dog walking agency and make it as a successful career.